This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for www.bosslifesecurity.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
INFORMATION COLLECTION, USE, AND SHARING
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND CONTROL OVER INFORMATION
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
What Information is Collected
In order to use the Services, we request users to provide the following Personal and Device Information.
- When you register on the website, we collect the following information: name, email, password, and a username to identify yourself to the website. You can also choose to supply additional information about your company and mailing address but this is not required.
- The information you provide is used to uniquely identify you to the website and give you private access to the service. This information is only used to provide access to the Services, as well as communicate with you for service alerts or marketing and product updates. You can control over whether you choose to receive these types of communications.
- To process a purchase, additional information is requested by our 3rd party payment processing provider, stripe. Boss Life Security does not process or store your credit card information.
- Boss Life Security does manufacture hardware devices, including IP cameras, and we do not control what data you choose to capture with these devices, nor do we have control over the quality and reliability of these devices. If you choose to configure your device for use with the Services, we require some information about that device.
- Examples of device information required for the Services include but is not limited to, model and serial number, network information (including IP address), device username and password, device activity logs, and general device configuration.
- IP cameras are used to capture audio and video data (media), and when these devices are configured for the Services — and only when they are configured with the Services — will media be transmitted to our servers where it is stored securely to ensure you can access it and playback video footage or watch live video.
- Information about your web browser and operating system, mobile device type and operating system, and IP addresses used by these clients.
How We Use Your Information
We use the Personal and Device information solely for the purpose of delivering the Services to you, within the private account you have configured with the Services.
How You Can Control Your Information
- You can delete your account at anytime, and all Personal and Device Information, along with any stored media (video or images) will be permanently deleted. This option is available on the Settings page inside your account.
- You can download your stored media and archive it yourself. You can also delete individual pieces of media that you don’t want saved anymore on our servers.
- You can review the information that is stored in your account by visiting the Edit Profile menu, Edit Camera menus and the camera Timeline.
Distribution of Information
We will not share your personal information with anyone unless we are required by law or you have provided consent to do so.
Commitment to Data Security
We are committed to protecting your privacy and are using commercially reasonable measures to protect your personal information against loss or theft. The entirety of the Services are hosted at Amazon Web Services and Google data centres, primarily in the United States. It’s important to know that no method of data storage or transmission is guaranteed to be 100% secure, therefore you acknowledge that you use the Services at your own risk.
Privacy Contact Information